|President Clinton urges Democrats to Rally for |
Patty Murray, Rick Larsen and Jay Inslee
Bill Clinton Rallies Crowd to Support
Patty Murray and other Democrats
|Congressman Jay Inslee (1st District) warms up crowd and |
urges support for Murray and Larsen
He joked about how Rossi should stand for "Reverse"
The rally was held in the Flying Heritage Collection museum at Paine Field in Everett and the old airport hangar was packed with over 2000 supporters. They came from all over the Puget Sound region.
He talked about many issues, but mostly he spoke about the "choices" voters have this year, and why supporting Patty Murray and other democrats is the only logical choice.
|President Bill Clinton exhorts Democrats to rally for Patty Murray|
|Over 2000 supporters waited patiently for hours,|
many were union members and were thrilled
to hear President Clinton,
Patty Murray, Rep Inslee and Larsen
like no one else can.
• Economy - He urged the crowd to put themselves in the place of President Obama as he took office "I challenge anyone in this room to get behind a locomotive heading down hill at 200 mph and stop it in 10 seconds."
• Air Force Tanker - He talked about Murray's heroic work to defend Boeing's bid for the Air Force Tanker project
|Two supporters from Shoreline-Boni Biery and Margie King|
Boni is a former Boeing worker
• Support for WA Farmers - He talked about the support Patty Murray had given to WA farmers who grow vegetables and have traditionally had a hard time getting that support.
• Support for Veterans - He talked about Patty Murray's hard work to support Veterans in so many areas, including the latest Health Care Reform legislation.
• Taxes - He and Patty Murray both talked about the upcoming federal tax legislation and how the Republicans want big tax breaks for the wealthy instead of the breaks they are supporting for the middle class
|Just one of the array of historic aircraft |
in the Flying Heritage Collection
President Clinton spoke to the enthusiastic crowd of over 2000 Democrats who no doubt left inspired to help re-elect Patty Murray, Rick Larsen, Jay Inslee and the many others on the ballot.
Even one Rossi supporter who'd sneaked in was overheard saying to his buddy, "Boy this guy is good!"
Here are some images from the rally:
|Rep Rick Larsen "Tweets" a photo of the crowd|
|Senator Murray thanked Pres Clinton for his support|
and talked about her work, advocacy for veterans, students and families
|Bill Clinton gave a "treatise" on what's really going on|
|President Clinton greets rally goers and autographs books|
|Flying Heritage Collection was the venue for the Murray Rally.|
It is one of several flight museums in the Paine Field area
Next up for Patty Murray Campaign?
President Barack Obama (Thursday at UW),
Michelle Obama next week! Wow!