Martha Rose Construction is a local builder that specializes in Sustainable Development techniques.
Martha's company has won many awards and now offers four beautifully designed new homes in the Greenwood Neighborhood (Highland Terrace) in Shoreline. They were just completed this spring.
It is walking distance from the Aurora Square shopping center.
They are priced very competitively to provide green options for the consumer who wants to live in a home that leaves a much smaller "footprint" than the typical house.
Here is an article from Martha Rose Blog -
Martha Rose, one of the preeminent green builders in the region, has recently completed her latest community of 5-Star homes including four new single-family homes and one 5-Star remodel of the home that was originally on the site. The project is called Fish Singer Place, and the homes are modeled to be 49% more efficient than code, and the innovative green building strategies are too numerous to count. 1000-gallon rainwater tanks, green roofs, vegetable gardens, and an espaliered fruit tree grace each site. LED lighting, heat recovery ventilators, R-29 walls and quadruple pane windows achieve the energy efficiency. Whole house radiant heating and low toxic paints and finishes ensure the homes have clean indoor air, and meticulous selection of locally sourced certified wood along, recycled tiles and an 87% construction waste recycling rate demonstrate a responsible use of materials. Finally, a centrally located community fire pit creates an atmosphere rarely found in new construction.
Some of the many green features of the project include:
Site and Water Protection
- Vegetable gardens and espaliered fruit trees and worm bins provided at each property
- 1,000 gallon rainwater catchment tanks
- Community driveway is made of pervious concrete
- No turf grass anywhere in the community
- Centrally located fire pit to promote community interaction
- Green roofs installed on the garages of two of the units
- Preservation of 6 large trees in on the site
- No impervious surfaces outside of the house footprints
- Installed only dual flush toilets
- Accessory dwelling units provided with two of the units
Heat recovery ventilator acts as whole house fan on timers to ensure optimum indoor air quality
- Garages detached from homes
- Used only low VOC paints, sealers, caulks and adhesives
- Installed formaldehyde free cabinetry and shelving systems
- Installed drainage plane between walls and siding
- No ducted heating in the homes
- Shoe removal vestibules located at both front and back entrances to homes
- 87% construction waste recycling rate achieved by source separation
- Used 25% flyash mix in all concrete
- Milled trees from site into fir flooring for homes
- Used locally sources salvaged wood for built-in furniture
- Used 50 year recycled content siding
- Used locally sourced, locally manufactured doors
- Unfinished solid pine shelving provided in all storage areas
- Provided built-in recycling center
- Used brick from original chimney to create central fire pit
Ask us about our summer close-out pricing. For more information contact Adrian Willanger 206 909-7536Adrian@ecco-redux.com