Their actions of the last year lead us to wonder how they are spending our property tax dollars.
Their continued "credibility gap" seems to be widening.
For instance, here are some recent actions and issues about SSD that make you wonder:
• Hostile takeover and strong-arming the Shoreline Historical Museum into giving up their treasured community asset, the Landmarked Ronald School
• Voters were assured during the last Bond Election that an Agreement in Principle would guarantee the future of the Shoreline Historical Museum in the Ronald School. But the SSD called off the agreement after they had the Bond and Levy passed. The voters were tricked into supporting something that had no foundation in reality.
• Big raises for administrators - Both Superintendent Sue Walker ($8k) and Deputy Marcia Harris ($10K) and others received sizable raises from the School Board (remember Belle, California)
• Contract negotiations with SESPA Union , job cuts and budget cutting proposals that will affect students performance http://sespaunion.blogspot.com/2010/06/shoreline-district-banking-instead-of.html
• Reserve funds being squirreled away instead of invested in students
• Now the Bond Sale for the $150 Million for HS rebuilds is about to happen.
Would YOU buy 'em?
LFP Levy goes down BIG TIME in last week's Primary.
Now Shoreline's Levy Lid Lift is coming up next.
Here are some questions to ponder:
• Who wants to vote for that next tax hike with this credibility gap taking place with our property tax dollars?
• What community asset will be sacrificed next because of Shoreline School District's
underhanded actions? Cedarbrook? Aldercrest? Sunset School?
• When will the City of Shoreline realize that the character of our city is dependent upon these assets which make our community unique? Will the City take some responsibility? How will the possible loss of our Shoreline Historical Museum affect our economic viability as a community?
• Do you believe what Shoreline School District says about anything?
• When will the voters in Shoreline and LFP say "enough is enough" SSD?
Shoreline Historical Museum and Gardens
now at risk!