Friday, January 29, 2010
We had a fascinating site visit to Fish Singer Place today.
This a new development in Shoreline by Martha Rose Construction. Martha has been developing single family home sites which she calls High Performance Homes, in an "eco-village style" with Built Green techniques such as:
• Low Impact Development drainage sites
• Green Roof demonstration
• Cisterns for roof drainage
• Quadruple pane windows
• Recycled and retrofitted features on original "farmhouse"
• High Performance Insulation
• Pervious pavements
• Passive Solar technology
Discovered all kinds of interesting green features and got some photos to share with you.
Photos show -
• Martha showing off cabinet retrofit in original farm house
• Green Roof Sedum mix and sample installation
• Original flooring restored in Farm House
• Green roof on new garage
• Recycled brick pile
• pervious pavement samples seen at Greenwood Ave site
Saturday, Jan 30th Open House continues - 12-4pm.